Build a legacy with us!
The University of the South Pacific is one of only two regional universities in the world. We are the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. The USP recognises the importance of research activity to our academic staff and therefore provides incentives to encourage research and publications output.
The School of Education (SOE) provides teacher education programmes from Early Childhood Education through primary school and secondary schools to tertiary institutions. It also provides in service teacher professional development programs in educational leadership, special and inclusive education, TVET and NFE, assessment and evaluation and untrained teachers.
SOE is committed to preparing educational leaders at all levels of education and providing them with ongoing professional development programs and seeks to appoint a motivated and vibrant individual, with expertise specifically in educational leadership, as a lecturer or senior lecturer. The applicant should provide evidence of good teaching practice, preferably at tertiary level, at undergraduate or postgraduate levels.
The appointee will be expected to coordinate undergraduate and postgraduate courses in educational leadership employing Online learning modes of delivery using Moodle platform, developing courses, conducting collaborative research and contributing to the teaching of curriculum studies and other teacher education courses.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in Education with a focus on Educational Leadership;
- A qualified teacher status either at the primary, secondary or tertiary level;
- Relevant teaching experience at school and tertiary
- A strong record of internationally recognised research and publications in educational leadership;
- Proven professional and research experience in the area of Educational Leadership as well as a record of successful leadership experience at the school and/or systems level;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment;
- Strong quantitative research and statistical data analysis experience.
- For appointment at the Senior Lecturer level you must have a strong record of published research in top-tier journals and books with either a formal tertiary teaching qualification or significant tertiary teaching experience.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Knowledge and experience in tertiary teaching, distance education, online learning at university level;
- IT integration and good research and publications record;
- It is essential that you are self-motivated, a team player and committed to the organisation and have a working knowledge of the South Pacific region.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Lecturer FJ $73,689 to FJ $96,958 per annum
Senior Lecturer FJ $99,971 to FJ $115,351 per annum
Enquiries: Professor Govinda Lingam, tel.: (679) 323 2252 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 16 September 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.