Assistant/Associate Professor, Instructional Design and Technology (1142)
Posting Number: req695
Faculty Tenure Track
College of Education Admin
Pocatello - Main
This full-time, tenure-track position will support and deliver the MEd in Instructional Design and Technology and the Instructional Design and Technology Emphasis within the EdD in Educational Leadership. The position will conduct scholarly research and teach, advise, and guide students in doctoral dissertations, instructional design projects/practica, and theses. We seek a collaborative, innovative colleague, highly conversant with principles, methods, and theories of instructional design, as well as adept at applying and teaching current and emerging learning technologies. The position also carries an expectation to serve the university and college as well as to serve the profession through disciplinary organizations (such as AECT, AACE, ATD, AERA, or ISTE).
Teaching 60%, Research 27%, Service 13%
• Teach master and doctoral courses in Instructional Design & Technology through synchronous and asynchronous online modalities; advise face-to-face and/or virtually. Travel to other Idaho State University campuses may be required
• Teach graduate courses on current and emerging technologies (e.g., game design, mobile technologies, multimedia design, web development)
• Guide graduate students in research, projects, practica, theses, and dissertations. Chair and serve on ID&T graduate committees
• Actively advance a relevant line of scholarly work (e.g., peer-reviewed publications, grants/contracts)
• Collaborate with colleagues and students in scholarly activities
• Actively serve the program (e.g., recruitment, retention, assessment, and curriculum development)
• Actively serve the Department, College, and University
• Actively serve in regional and national professional organizations in the field of Instructional Design and Technology.
• Earned doctorate in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or related field at time of hire
• Demonstrated ability to teach courses in Instructional Design & Technology
• Demonstrated expertise in current and emerging technologies
• Record of or potential for mentoring, advising, peer-advising, and/or directing research projects
• Record of or potential for scholarship, research, and grants
• Record of participation in the ID&T profession.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to teach online, graduate courses in Instructional Design & Technology
• ID&T experience in K-20, government, or industry settings
• Established record of scholarship, research, and grants
• Established record of mentoring, advising, peer-advising, and/or directing research projects
• Active roles in national professional organizations
• Commitment to promoting diversity in scholarship and teaching
• Demonstrated commitment to collaboration with colleagues in other departments or at other universities
• Teaching philosophy and research agenda align with program curriculum and university mission
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=695&site=1
Please submit the following documents with your application:
• Cover letter summarizing interest and qualifications • Teaching philosophy and research agenda • Curriculum Vitae • Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts upon hire) • Names and contact information for three references • Two samples of scholarly writing.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by November 30, 2018. However, the position will remain open until filled. The approved salary range is $52,000 - $62,500 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.