- Join a national research institute hosting a team of eminent researchers and international scholars
- Contribute to large-scale mixed method longitudinal research
- Full time continuing role based in Brisbane CBD
The Learning Sciences Institute Australia (LSIA) is a national research institute undertaking nationally-funded research studies with a range of industry-funded partners. LSIA’s research focuses on 21st Century learning, student diversity, innovation and engagement across six areas of research.
Further information about the Institute can be found at: www.lsia.acu.edu.au
The Associate Professor in Teacher Education and Assessment will contribute to the research enterprise of LSIA. Located in the research concentration: Teacher education, quality and professional practice, the incumbent will work within a high performing research team of senior, internationally recognised scholars within LSIA’s areas of research concentration. In addition, the successful applicant will contribute to the development of scholarship, research and/or professional activities in the Institute.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- a PhD in initial teacher education with specialist focus in any of the following: assessment, performance
assessment validation, professional standards, teacher preparation including the academic programs and
- a strong track record in publications in leading international journals and attracting external funding
including national competitive grants
- the ability to work individually and in research teams to deliver shared goals and meet deadlines
- impact through research in the field of teacher education and initial teacher education in particular.