THE UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
FACULTY OF DENTISTRY
DEPARTMENT OF ORAL HEALTH SCIENCES
A grant-funded Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available beginning February 1, 2019, for 1 year initially with the possibility of an extension. This position requires expertise in higher/health education specifically pertaining to the areas of curriculum, policy measurement, and/or learning. Strong knowledge and skills in statistical analysis are preferred.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A doctorate degree (PhD).
- Ability to prepare, implement, and/or manage educational research projects.
- Ability to arrange and present data analysis results to both health science and education communities.
- Ability to supervise undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Highly developed quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated scholarship evidence in the field of educational research.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of various research methods commonly used in social science research.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in setting and achieving goals, both alone and in a team environment.
It will be highly desirable if the candidate has a PhD in Education, wishes to use this year to also develop her/his own line of research, and can take the initiative to co-apply for research funding.
UBC hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Please indicate your current citizenship status in your cover letter.
Forward a letter of application (including the names and addresses of three referees) and CV by December 31, 2018.
Note: due to the large number of applications, we regret that we are unable to confirm receipt of submissions or provide status of competitions; only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted.