The College of Education at the University of Kentucky is seeking applicants for a nine-month, non-tenure track lecturer position, effective January 1, 2017. The position will also serve as the Director of On-Line Learning for the college and include an additional month during the summer to lead faculty development in online education. An academic appointment will be in the Department of Educational Leadership Studies (EDL). The appointment is for two years with renewal opportunities. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Application reviews begin December 22, 2016.
The Director of On-Line Learning will be responsible for the following:
Provide leadership in overseeing and improving distance and online learning efforts for the college
- Collaborate with faculty in the design of new on-line courses
- Work closely with the Director of Information Systems and technology staff to support on-line learning efforts
- Provide training as requested/needed on on-line course development and learning strategies
Represent the College of Education at the University level
- Serve as the College contact for distance education and on-line learning
- Assist with developing interdisciplinary on-line academic programs
Provide data and analytics support to the College of Education
- Serve on the College’s Media and Information Systems Committee
- Analyze student, faculty, departmental, and college data regarding distance and hybrid delivery for administrators, and other constituents as requested
- Assist the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Programs, Accreditation, and Planning in collecting and analyzing data for accreditation
- Assist departments in transforming programs and degrees to fully online offerings
Provide instruction for appropriate undergraduate courses
- Serve as an instructor for EDL undergraduate leadership certificate courses.
Minimum qualifications include a doctoral degree in education-related area with a focus on higher education technology leadership, five years of experience in instructional design and on-line education, higher education teaching experience, and Quality Matters Master Reviewer certificate.
Applicants should include, along with the nomination form:
- Cover letter specifying qualifications (upload under Cover Letter)
- Curriculum vita (upload under Curriculum Vita)
- The names and full contact information for three professional references (upload under Specific Request 1)
Questions regarding the position may be directed to search committee chair, Dr. Robert Shapiro, Senior Associate Dean for Research, Analytics, and Graduate Student Success, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, to be considered an applicant, an application must be submitted via the UK Jobs site.