The Cedarville University School of Education seeks faculty applicants for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Education. The Assistant/Associate Professor of Education will instruct twenty-four semester credit hours of undergraduate and graduate courses, or the equivalent, each academic year in a variety of areas including both specialty and education core courses.
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Education will develop coursework and assist Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) faculty in implementing coursework related to the cross-cutting themes of diverse learners, technology implementation and effective pedagogy. Applicants must have a strong commitment to a biblical worldview, integrating their faith and education in the classroom.
Ideal candidates will possess specializations or experience in one or more of the following areas: instructional technology, culturally relevant pedagogy/multicultural/intercultural/equity education or Social Studies Education. State teaching license/certification, previous higher education teaching experience and knowledge of State of Ohio and CAEP standards also highly desirable.
This position is subject to the University’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please note that review of credentials will begin on November 13th, 2018. This position is pending budget approval.
- Terminal degree (Ph.D). in Education or related field preferred; but no less than a Master’s degree in discipline with ABD considered
- Successful clearance of FBI/BCI background check
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Documented successful teaching experience
- Committed to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University’s doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general workplace standards
All official inquiries should be directed to Jennifer Cochran (email@example.com, 937-766-7886), Director of Academic Human Resource Services. Specific questions related to the position should be directed to Dr. Jeremy Ervin (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dean, School of Education.