The University of Dayton, Department of Teacher Education is seeking a dynamic faculty member to play a critical role in the development of pre-service teacher candidates. The faculty member in this position teaches introduction to the profession and courses in child and adolescent development, birth to 18. In addition, the faculty member assumes a primary role is advising candidates in all programs. This is a non-tenure-track position with a possibility for renewal. Position will begin August 16, 2018.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Teaching four courses per term, including introductory and development courses
- Participating in First Year Committee meetings and activities
- Advising undergraduate students
- Service as appropriate for appointment
- Supervision of field experiences
Required qualifications for the position include:
- Master’s Degree in Education;
- Three years as a licensed p-12 educator in the United States;
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and national professional standards;
- Strong written communication skills.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
- PhD or EdD in an educational field relevant for teacher education;
- Knowledge of performance based assessments for teacher candidates;
- Demonstrated knowledge of p -12 child and adolescent development;
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective strategies in high needs schools;
- Documented successful experience teaching in higher education;
- Successful experience of work on collaborative teams;
- More than 3 years of teaching in p-12 setting in the United States;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral communication skills;
- Knowledge and sensitivity for the values central to a Marianist education, including a commitment to social justice and learning in diverse settings.
Candidates should submit a letter of application addressing qualifications, accomplishments, and interest in the position; a C.V.; if applicable, a teaching portfolio of teaching experience in higher education; the names and contact information of three current professional references; and informal transcripts of all coursework. Applications must be submitted electronically.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until April 3, 2018. Apply online at: http://jobs.udayton.edu/postings/25643