Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Dean - School of Education
Utah Valley University
Dean - School of Education
Utah Valley University (UVU) seeks a dedicated, experienced and innovative leader to serve as Dean of the School of Education and advance cutting edge programs in early childhood, elementary, secondary, autism studies, and special education along with the Master of Education degree.
The School of Education (SOE) serves approximately 1,400 students and awards over 250 degrees annually. The School employs a diverse workforce including 27 faculty, 21 adjunct faculty and 19 staff members. The UVU School of Education prepares educators and clinicians to have a positive impact on children, families, and communities through meaningful innovation, engaged pedagogy, rigorous preparation, inclusion and diversity, and transformative collaborations. School of Education faculty, staff and students participate actively in local and international intercultural experiences. Leaders also participate in a K-16 Alliance with local education leaders and stakeholders to shape education policy. The School of Education also provides numerous professional development seminars, workshops, lecturers, webinars, and online and face-to-face courses.
The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable, dynamic, and collaborative administrator committed to global, intercultural, and inclusive educational research practices and innovations. The candidate must also demonstrate interest and ability in collaborating with local and state educational leaders in partnerships for engaged learning. In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the academic and educational goals of the School and University. The candidate will promote diversity and inclusion among the students, faculty and staff.
The Search Committee invites inquiries, nominations and applications. The review of nominations and applications will begin immediately, and applications received by January 15, 2019, will be given full consideration. Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, evidence of degrees (copy of transcript or diploma), and three references via the application portal at www.uvu.jobs.
Located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains in Orem, Utah, UVU is the largest and fastest growing university in the state with nearly 40,000 students. The university is situated in rapidly growing Utah County with one of the strongest economies in the United States, just thirty minutes south of culturally-rich Salt Lake City. As a teaching institution, the mission of UVU is to provide opportunity, promote student success and meet regional educational needs through serious, engaged and inclusive instruction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An earned terminal degree from a regionally accredited university in an education-related discipline
- Achieved rank of associate or full professor with a strong record of teaching, scholarship, and service
- A minimum of five years of successful higher education administration experience at the level of department chair or above, or five years of related professional educational experience at the management level.
- Leadership and management principles and procedures
- Finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control procedures
- Academic administrative principles and procedures
- Strategic planning, program proposals and curriculum development
- Issues related to K-16 education at the federal and state levels
- Educator and leadership preparation programs to serve pre-K-12 partners
- Current global, intercultural, and inclusive educational perspectives
- Cutting-edge research practices and innovations
- Familiarity with national accrediting processes
- Demonstrated ability in teaching and scholarly activities at the School or University level sufficient for the appointment at the rank of associate or full professor
- Demonstrated ability in leadership, written and oral communication, public speaking and interpersonal relations
- Demonstrated ability in fundraising, grant submissions, and resource acquisition
- Articulate a vision to guide the future of the School
- Administer a major academic unit effectively within the university
- Motivate others to achieve common goals in a collaborative team environments
- Work closely with faculty and staff, and with external partners and advisory boards
- Decision making, interpersonal and intrapersonal problem-solving, and conflict resolution
- Generates investment and support among businesses and community leaders, public and private donors, and alumni
- Evaluate employee performance, rank, tenure and promotion
- Commitment to the mission and vision of UVU, including open admissions, underserved populations, and first-generation students.
- Successful pre-K-12 teaching experience.
- Commitment to and vision for the School of Educations clinical and global initiatives and the educative Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA)
- Knowledge of and success in strategic planning, assessment, accreditation, budgeting, and organizational management
- Demonstrated record of donor outreach, fundraising, and development
Requires ability to travel on and off campus.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
STA125818 School of Education Staff 01/30/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/10015
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Utah Valley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Equal Access Employer. Utah Valley welcomes applications from all candidates and is committed to an inclusive hiring process and employment environment.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |