Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDRF)
Overview of the UJ Postdoc
The post-doctoral fellowship is a transitionary phase, intended to bridge the gap from doctoral graduation to employment. As such the main aim of the University of Johannesburg’s Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF) is to fast-track further development and honing of PDRFs’ research publications productivity and professional skills in preparation for future academic or another professional career. The PDRF opportunity at University of Johannesburg (UJ) is guided by the following objectives:
- to allow established and early career academic researchers the opportunity to recruit and host PDRFs with an intention of strengthening their groups’ research capacity for enhanced research publications productivity and scholarship.;
- to provide UJ with the opportunity to expand its research portfolio through new areas of research;
- to provide PDRFs with the opportunity to further develop and strengthen their research and professional skills at UJ while, at the same time transfer their acquired skills to UJ academic community over the course of their fellowship;
- to strengthen internationalization at UJ and expand collaborative networks through hosting of international PDRFs; and
- to allow UJ’s recent doctoral graduates the opportunity to publish their doctoral research.
1. PhD obtained no earlier than 2013
2. As part of his/her doctorate, the applicant has published at least 2 ISI-listed or IBSS-listed JOURNAL articles. In certain disciplines, this is less possible; however, the applicant would need to demonstrate publication experience.
How to apply?
Kindly click on the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/ToVh7SUdGkHQWfGA2 , to complete the pre-application.
Upload the following documents in PDF
a) Biography(200 words),
b) List of ISI-listed or IBSS-listed journal articles
c) CV in PDF in the above link. Please provide a single PDF(to merge PDF’s, please use a tool such as (http;//www.pdfmerge.com):
For further enquiries email: email@example.com
Structure of Faculty of Education
The Faculty of Education, University of Johannesburg, South Africa is structured into 5 academic departments; 3 research centers and 3 research chairs.
- Childhood Education
- Education and Curriculum Studies
- Education Leadership and Management
- Educational Psychology
- Science and Technology
- Higher Education Studies
- Education Practice Research
- Education Rights and Transformation
- Integrated Studies of Learning Language, Mathematics and Science in Primary School
- Education and Care in Childhood
- Post-secondary Education: Teaching and Learning