Public Education Specialist 4 (4169U) - 10211
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: September 9, 2020
The Graduate School of Education at the University of California, Berkeley is home to a diverse group of students and faculty joined by their common interests in understanding and improving the complex world of education.
Our students come here with a wealth of academic talent and professional experience, driven to make an impact as researchers, professional educators, leaders and innovators.
Students and faculty tackle difficult questionsfrom how children, youth and adults learn, inside and outside classrooms; to how schools, communities and societies advance the educational and life chances of those they educate. In the process, students develop the necessary knowledge, skills, tools and experiences to handle those challenges.
We are committed to providing and cultivating the very best in educational scholarship, innovation and professional leadership.
- Establishes evaluation criteria for measuring desired results and impact.
- Uses considerable discretion to determine methods and procedures for current and new professional development offerings and topics.
- Plans and develops professional development offerings, and adjusts existing offerings.
- Evaluates prospective program partnerships.
- Recruits, selects, orients, evaluates and supervises professional development providers.
- Develops, prepares and reconciles budget for program(s).
- Evaluates and adjusts course curriculum through evaluations and levels of interest shown.
- Uses business software systems in the completion of work assignments (for example, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Possesses advanced knowledge of the full scope of K-12 public education learning environments such as in person training, coaching, blended learning, and independent study. Possesses advanced strategic planning, analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Possesses advanced knowledge of financial forecasting and budget oversight for an organization of comparable size or larger as well as market and business strategies appropriate to the field of education. Demonstrates through knowledge of K-12 education policies and procedures; advanced knowledge of CA K-12 education as well as the field of educational leadership. Possesses successful experience as a K-12 teacher, K-12 educational leader including school site and district office. Possesses successful experience working collaboratively on small and large scale projects. Possesses successful experience in event planning and project management. Master's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Valid CA teacher credentials. Valid CA administrative services credentials.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=10211&PostingSeq=1