The primary mission of the Educator Preparation Office in the College of Education is the continuous improvement in the preparation of future teachers by providing information, support, and service to students, faculty, and district partners. We meet these goals in multiple ways, including providing diverse clinical practice experiences for candidates, through thoughtful compliance with state and national accreditation standards governing the profession, the collection and analysis of candidate progress data, and supporting candidates in all aspects of the certification process itself.
This position has primary responsibility for the coordination, implementation, and evaluation of field experiences and clinical practice placements in area schools and districts for all educator preparation program certification candidates at UNT. This position requires ongoing contact with internal and external constituents to fulfill the goal of the constant improvement of educator preparation at UNT
Additional Posting Details
Ph.D. or Ed.D. in a Teacher Education Certification Field and five years of professional experience in a school administration position required. No substitution of experience for education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills; competence in successfully tracking several projects simultaneously.
- Superior interpersonal and professional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Evidence of administrative ability, experience with assessment, curriculum design and alignment.
- Considerable knowledge of Texas Education Agency/State Board for Educator Certification statutes and regulations related to educator preparation (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Exceptional ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with schools and the community
- Demonstrated record of success providing professional development for teacher education students or practicing teachers.
- Prior successful experience in same or similar position
- Knowledge of T-TESS Evaluation System
- Knowledge of national Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation standards
Required License / Registration / Certification
Licensure or eligibility for licensure in a Teacher Education Certification Field in the State of Texas.
Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment; ability to drive a vehicle and maintain coverage under University liability insurance policy, if required to drive University vehicles.