The Education Department at Ohio Wesleyan University seeks to fill a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Literacy Education. The successful candidate will teach six credit hours or the equivalent per year; responsibilities include teaching Secondary Content Area Literacy, Corrective Reading, Phonics, and Elementary (PreK-5) Literacy. Additional courses, reflective of the applicant’s areas of expertise, may include: Elementary Field Practicum, Elementary Student Teaching and/or Educational Psychology.
● Earned doctorate in Literacy Education or a related field by the time of appointment, August 1, 2020; will consider applicants who have made substantial progress towards completion of a doctorate (ABD).
● Applicants should have a minimum of four (4) years of public-school teaching.
● Experience with field/student teaching supervision and college-level teaching is desired.
● Evidence of a research agenda is strongly preferred.
● Commitment to progressive education for all learners, particularly those from underrepresented groups.
● A desire to work in an environment that values collaboration, diversity, student learning, and respect for all people.
● A willingness to learn about, engage in, and support accreditation requirements
● Appreciation for the unique opportunities that teaching in an undergraduate, liberal arts institution provides to an intellectually engaged faculty member.
Completed application packets which include 1) cover letter, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) statement of teaching philosophy, 4) graduate transcripts, and 5) three letters of reference, should be sent electronically to: email@example.com, attention of Dr. Paula White. Completed application packets may also be mailed to: Dr. Paula White, Department of Education, Ohio Wesleyan University, 61 S. Sandusky St., Delaware, OH 43015.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.