University of Idaho
Off Campus Location - Meridian and Boise
College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
$16.52 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
The Regional Quality Child Care Consultant under the direction of the lead consultant helps support the regional office in meeting the goals of the IdahoSTARS program by recruiting child care providers to the Idaho Child Care Program (ICCP), the IdahoSTARS Professional Development System (PDS), and the Quality Rating & Improvement System (QRIS). Consultants are responsible for providing coaching and consultation services, resources, and technical assistance to child care providers and registry participants.
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood or related field with coursework in child development plus two years experience in the field of early care and education
an Associate Degree in early childhood with five years experience in the field of early care and education.
- Experience with conducting adult workshops and/or providing training (small and large groups)
- Experience providing liaison with customer/provider groups
Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood or related field with coursework in child development PLUS minimum of 5 years successful experience in the field of early care and education
- Strong understanding and ability to coach adult learners to implement quality practices;
- Interpreting federal or state regulations/guidelines;
- Possess a good understanding of the written and spoken English and Spanish languages utilizing appropriate grammar and accurate spelling.
- Quality inclusive care;
- Coaching in early childhood settings;
- Computer literate to include database experience;
- Gathering, assembling, correlating, and analyzing facts;
- Devising solutions to problems;
- Interpreting federal or state regulations/guidelines.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Work in a team setting to accomplish goals;
- Use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar in composing written statements;
- Manage a variety of projects simultaneously;
- Portray a professional demeanor;
- Work evenings and weekends;
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Work evenings and weekends.
Open Until Filled:
Applicants need to address each individual required qualification, along with preferred qualifications that apply, in their letter of qualifications.
Applications received by May 17, 2020 will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.