Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Learning Technologies Support Consultant (7584U), Haas School of Business 33853
University of California, Berkeley
Learning Technologies Support Consultant (7584U), Haas School of Business 33853
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all. Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
Haas Digital's mission is to enrich and expand the reach of Berkeley Haas'world-class learning experience with innovative pedagogy and educational technology. Our team's professionals have a wide range of pedagogy and learning technology expertise. We develop a variety of fully online and hybrid offerings for the Haas School of Business.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: April 25, 2022
bCourses Service Management. Manage all course sites for Berkeley Haas inside Canvas, including course creation, content and user management, troubleshooting, and process improvement.
- Applies technical expertise and business analysis concepts to identify, evaluate and define complex systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Accountable for defining services, ensuring services are delivered in accordance with agreed business requirements, and managing continuous improvement of the service over its lifecycle.
- Ensures the Service design supports customer and Service provider requirements including features, value, performance, serviceability, and affordability.
- Coordinates the delivery needs of the Service - liaising with service providers and third parties to ensure that the service offering is operational.
- Ensures that Service requests are fulfilled per customer expectations for cost, quality and delivery (SLA) timeframe.
- Continuously improving the Service to meet evolving customer requirements and demand, including benchmarking against peer/competitor Services and making appropriate adjustments to ensure competitive delivery.
- Scale Service delivery (up, down, mothball, outsource, decommission, etc.) based on demand and value
- Performs service tickets for clients with platform and/or hardware issues related to them.
Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing complex systems and procedures related to educational technology platforms.
- Function as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions and create data management solutions to meet clients' business needs.
- Work within an engagement team and define business requirements, functional design, prototyping, testing, and training define support procedures and support implementations.
- Facilitate workshops with clients and conduct a detailed analysis of requirements and design documentation to identify functional or technical gaps.
- Analyze and perform a fit-gap analysis between proposed functional design and current functional processes.
- Work with a team of developers to both produce new components and resolve defects through a standard defect resolution process.
- Conduct basic level of validation testing on development activities to ensure quality. Reviews and analyzes the incident intake process.
Gathers, analyzes, prepares, and summarizes business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
- Communications and Web Development.
- Manages all internal and external communications to stakeholders through traditional and new media, including online web and social platforms, email and newsletters, advisories and notifications, presentations, video, and visuals (logos, brands, signages).
- Creates documentation that archives or provides instruction for departmental practices or processes. These documents may be submitted as HTS "How Do I" or Knowledgebase articles.
- Serves as the department webmaster. Monitor, maintain, and update department webpages to ensure usability, uniformity of content, and alignment with Haas and TS brand.
Applies appropriate data collection methods to develop technical requirements for Virtual instruction.
- Supports live instruction in Virtual Classroom environments, including WeConnect, Zoom, and live streaming.
- Develops standards, processes, and procedures to ensure consistent service delivery to clients.
- Develops user documentation, process improvements, or system design requirements.
Professional Learning and Growth
- Embraces the principle of being a "student always" by engaging in opportunities for training, workshops, seminars, continuing education pertinent to the position, or at the suggestion of the supervisor.
- Actively contributes to a team environment that fosters and promotes a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) within the unit and at Haas.
- Engages in ongoing education to promote diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging by completing University-sponsored certifications & training sessions (Ie: MEP Workshop, Implicit Bias Certification, LinkedIn Learning workshops, and other workshops & seminars offered by the University or Haas, as they are made available) or by engaging in external seminars & resources related to DEIB.
- Exemplifies Haas' four Defining Leadership Principles: (1) Question the status quo; (2) Confidence without attitude; (3) Students always; and (4) Beyond yourself.
- Administrative experience with Learning Management Systems, including Canvas. Experience should include course site creation, editing/modification, grade book, enrollment and third-party software integration. Experience with Google Workspace or similar spreadsheets and productivity software. Strong skills and knowledge of methodologies associated with analysis of processes and problems, information flow and architecture related to Student information systems, scheduling software, and content management. In-depth understanding and skill in process and systems requirement documentation standards, such as Use Case modeling, User Story creations and narrative description. Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team, while effectively meeting deadlines and demonstrating problem-solving and project management skills. Administrative experience with video content management systems, examples include Panopto, Kaltura, Mediasite. Experience with ticketing software such as Service Now, Zendesk or similar ticketing software platforms. Demonstrated testing and test planning skills. Demonstrated effective communication skills both verbally and in writing, especially when communicating technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating a desire to promote diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging to establish and maintain positive & professional working relationships with colleagues, students and team members. Exemplifies Haas' four Defining Leadership Principles: (1) Question the status quo; (2) Confidence without attitude;(3) Students always; and (4) Beyond yourself. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in a business, organization or public university setting. Experience using and troubleshooting web conferencing tools, preferably Zoom.
- Administrative experience with bCourses.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. The annual salary range of the position is $80,000.00 - $97,000.00, commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=33853&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |