Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Program Assistant (4722C), School of Education - 38449
University of California, Berkeley
Program Assistant (4722C), School of Education - 38449
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
The Graduate School of Education (GSE) is a complex academic unit whose mission is to provide leadership in advancing the theoretical base of education, analyzing the complex social environments of education, and promoting the improvement of educational practice.
The School hosts a cadre of faculty comprised of cognitive scientists, linguists, psychologists, mathematicians, statisticians, economists, computer scientists, historians, physicists, anthropologists, sociologists, policy analysts, and philosophers bringing their disciplines together to serve as educational leaders who offer academic excellence in (a) the graduate preparation of professional educators for selected entry level and advanced positions, (b) the preparation of doctoral level researchers and scholars, and (c) the creation of an innovative exemplary undergraduate program that opens the field of education for exploration by hundreds of students.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 07/13/2022.
- Applies somewhat complex spreadsheet formulas, pivot tables, and similar functions.
- Compiles and arrays spreadsheets using subject-matter knowledge of the material to ensure data results are consistent with the nature of the data.
- May analyze trends.
- Applies specialized office software.
- Provides direction to other Assistants on office software program application.
- Works with department management to update/review/revise website to better communicate organization's mission, requiring substantive knowledge of organization's goals and objectives.
- Prepares correspondence and other written materials for department management and/or faculty requiring some specialized knowledge of the subject matter.
- Edits and proofreads written materials for content consistency.
- Determines need for general office equipment and supplies.
- May participate in contract negotiation and the preparation of RFPs requiring some subject matter knowledge of the materials/services.
- Participates in workshops, trainings, and other professional development opportunities.
- Prepares budget for contract and grant proposals.
- Administers contracts and grants with multiple fund sources.
- Assists principal investigators on researching, compiling, and preparing grant proposals.
- Coordinates large, complex conferences/meetings/programs.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge in administrative procedures and processes including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills, active listening, critical thinking, multi-task and time management skills.
- Requires interpersonal and work leadership skills to provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
- High school diploma and/or equivalent training or experience.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience up to $26.85 (Step 3.0). For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
- This is a career, 100% full-time, 40-hours per week appointment, eligible for full UC benefits.
- This is a remote-friendly position, eligible for 60% remote capability.
- Graduate School of Education is hiring two Program Assistants.
- This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Clerical & Allied Services Unit (CX) between the University of California and Teamsters Local 2010. The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/cx/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=38449&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |