Job Description Summary
The Department of Educational Foundations, Leadership, and Technology in the College of Education at Auburn University is seeking candidates for a Visiting Assistant Professor position in the Administration of Higher Education program. This is a full-time, one-year teaching-focused position starting in August 2023. The Visiting Assistant Professor will be teaching 4 courses per semester.
The Visiting Assistant Professor in the Higher Education Administration program will be expected to provide rigorous and relevant course offerings related to persistent or emerging higher education issues. We are especially interested in candidates who stand to strengthen and diversify our faculty, as we strive to accurately reflect the diversity of the students in our program and in the higher education community. Additionally, we are interested in candidates whose teachings are related to at least one of the following areas: higher education leadership, organization, and administration; student affairs and the study of students; or teaching and learning in higher education settings.
Responsibilities would include:
(1) Undergraduate and graduate teaching
(2) Possible engagement in an active research program commensurate with time allocation
(3) Service to the profession
(1) An earned Doctorate in Higher Education or its equivalent by time of hire;
(2) Demonstrated ability or potential for excellence in graduate instruction;
(3) Excellent communication skills are required; and
(4) the candidates for these positions must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time of appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
(1) record of or potential for teaching hybrid or face-to-face courses;
(2) record of or potential for advising, engaging, and mentoring graduate students;
(3) record of or potential for connecting teaching to practical implications for college and university contexts; and
(4) demonstrated ability to engage in Higher Education Program design activities (e.g., curriculum redesign, course design, administrative tasks), and
(5) record of administrative abilities (e.g., student recruitment, visitation days, etc.).
Special Instructions to Applicants
When submitting your application, you will be prompted to provide the following required documents:
· Cover letter addressing your qualifications as stated in this position announcement.
· Curriculum vitae
· All higher education transcripts
· Three references: names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of three individuals who would be willing to provide to serve as references about your instructional and professional history and/or academic background.
Review of applications will begin June 1, 2023, and continue until the position is filled.