The School of Education at Drexel University invites applications for a 9 month, full-time non tenure-track Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor position within the online Educational Administration Program of the Policy, Organization, and Leadership Department. The position will primarily support the Educational Administration Masters Program. There will be possible teaching in the online/blended Educational Leadership Ed.D. Program as needed. Also, the position includes student advisement and supervision of Ed.D. dissertations as well as include service to the School of Education and the university. The position is based in the School of Education in Drexel University Philadelphia, PA.
The successful candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- An earned doctorate in Educational Leadership or a closely related field (Educational Policy, Curriculum & Instruction, Elementary/Secondary Education).
- A minimum of five years experience in educational leadership. Experience as a superintendent or district level leader is preferred.
- Experience in teaching and/or advising graduate students including those with diverse backgrounds.
- Experience teaching online or in blended/hybrid formats using an array of learning technologies and platforms (e.g., Blackboard Learn).
- A passion for teaching and evidence of teaching that models innovative pedagogy.
- Evidence of innovative practices in school programming and change management.
- Experiences and expertise to advance principles of equity and social justice.
- Research/field experience as evidenced by publications and/or funded projects and conference presentations.
The primary function of this position is to teach courses in the MS in Educational Administration, potentially the Professional Doctorate (EdD) program, and engage in program development as appropriate within the Policy, Organization, and Leadership Department. The successful candidate will be expected to serve as an Ed.D. dissertation chairperson and/or committee member and collaborate with other faculty regarding research, writing grants, updating the educational administration curriculum, and serving on School of Education and University committees.
Review of applications will begin June 3, 2019, with the committee accepting applications until July 12, 2019. Interviews will begin July 22, 2019 with chosen candidate’s and appointment to the position for the Fall Quarter starting September 1, 2019. For inquiries, please send an email to Search Chair, Dr. John M. Gould, email@example.com.
All applicants should provide a cover letter describing their teaching, practitioner-focused research and service experience in school administration as well as their curriculum vitae, and a list of three references.
Drexel University offers an attractive benefits package including tuition remission, a generous retirement package with matching funds (up to 11 percent) and an opportunity to join a talented team of professionals directly helping the University achieve its record growth and quality reputation.
To apply for this position, please apply online at: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=84586 or visit www.drexeljobs.com and search for Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor – Educational Administration. The requisition number is 9739.