Project Build Instructor (Part-Time)Job Description
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a qualified, highly energetic, and ambitious professional to serve as a part-time Instructor for Project Build, Marian University’s Adult Education Outreach Program.
Project Build is a grant supported program that provides Integrated Educational Training and Adult Basic Education to persons needing a high school equivalency diploma along with an entry level career pathway and/or English language training for English Language Learners. This is a non-benefit eligible, grant funded position requiring approximately 29 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Plan lessons and curriculum based on the learning needs of culturally diverse and mul7-skill level students
- Use research-based instructional strategies
- Teach employability skills such as teamwork, leadership, and workplace values
- Embed workforce communication, math, science, and economic skills within the curriculum
- Co-Teach general knowledge and skills required to effectively navigate within the workplace
- Assist in developing social and life skills
- Monitor and evaluate progress of clients
- Maintain Inters/NRS records and documentation and prepare appropriate reports
- Provide quarterly ECT reports
- Identify areas requiring additional training on techniques and methods for career pathway
- Supervise teachers within a team teaching setting
- Collaborate with ECT partners to develop IET models
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience teaching at the k-12 and/or college level
- Experience teaching at-risk youth and adults
- Experience teaching adults who have a native language other than English
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: