Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Educational Program Assistant (4167U) 45047
University of California, Berkeley
Educational Program Assistant (4167U) 45047
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
At UC Berkeley, we believe that learning is a fundamental part of working, and our goal is for everyone on the Berkeley campus to feel supported and equipped to realize their full potential. We actively support this by providing all of our staff employees with at least 80 hours (10 days) of paid time per year to engage in professional development activities. To find out more about how you can grow your career at UC Berkeley, visit grow.berkeley.edu.
The School of Education at the University of California, Berkeley is home to a diverse group of students and faculty joined by their common interests in understanding and improving the complex world of education. We are committed to providing and cultivating the very best in educational scholarship, innovation, and professional leadership. The mission of the Leadership Programs at UC Berkeley is to prepare, induct, and support a diverse community of equity-focused teacher, school, and district leaders who will improve education for vulnerable and historically underserved students in California's public schools in support of social justice.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 11/15/2022
- Under general supervision, organizes and conducts existing public educational programs and assists in the development of new programs and program materials.
- Assisting with analysis, prioritizing work assignments, developing program recommendations, budget development and reconciliation, developing strategic market plans.
- Monitor metrics associated with the various professional learning and coaching programs.
- Assesses presentation/program results through participant evaluations and levels of interest shown and recommends appropriate changes.
- Collaborates and assists with interdepartmental programs within the Leadership Programs Unit.
- Participates in workshops, trainings, and other professional development opportunities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Working knowledge of and/or ability to learn departmental and organization policies and procedures; knowledge of educational program content and objectives.
- Working knowledge of delivering public educational programs.
- Working knowledge of current public education programs and trends.
- Working skills to produce and deliver programs.
- Good reading, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, and good presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Working knowledge of conducting needs assessment.
- Good analytical skills to understand how business needs can be addressed through the design and delivery of training programs.
- Continuing education in related field.
Salary & Benefits
This is a 100% full-time (40 hrs a week) non-exempt career position, which is paid bi-weekly (hourly rate) and eligible for full UC Benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment in the Resume section of your application.
This is a hybrid position, with 20% remote work eligibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=45047&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |