The UAE Awaits You … Become an Educator at the Higher Colleges of Technology
Founded in 1988, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) has grown to be the UAE’s largest applied higher educational institution, with approximately 23,000 students attending modern, technology-oriented men and women campuses across 7 Emirates in the UAE. The HCT employs about 2,000 staff, from over 85 nationalities, who share practices, ideas and cultures from around the world, thereby enriching the HCT community.
With a reputation for embedding innovative teaching, learning methods and technologies in its pedagogy, HCT is at the cutting-edge of the UAE’s drive to diversify the economy towards a knowledge-oriented base. Teaching methods and technologies are the most modern available and focus on student achievement, advancement and employment.
HCT offers a wide range of English-taught programs in the core academic fields of Applied Media, Business, Computer Information Science, Education, Engineering Technology & Science and Health Sciences. These programs are designed in consultation with the UAE’s business and industry leaders to ensure that HCT student skills are job-relevant and up to the highest standards.
The HCT adopts international academic standards in classifying faculty according to their qualifications & experience, in one of the following 3 ranks:
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
HCT Senior Management Team is planning to visit San Diego City in California, USA expected in the second week of April 2018, to conduct face to face interviews with the shortlisted qualified candidates.
The Associate Executive Academic Dean provides leadership in the quality and development of system-wide Education instruction, curricula, and assessment. The incumbent works with members of senior management and campus staff to promote high academic standards in the design, delivery, and assessment of Education programs across the HCT system. As the central point of liaison for the UAE community, the Associate Executive Dean develops mechanisms and processes to ensure that programs are current and responsive to the needs of the UAE community, and leads international and professional accreditation efforts. The incumbent promotes and facilitates collaboration with other higher education institutions in the design and development of articulation programs and to facilitate student and faculty exchanges.
Education and Qualifications:
- A recognized Teacher Qualification is required
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field is required
- A Masters in a relevant discipline is required
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience, with at least 5 years spent in a supervisory / leadership role
- At least 3 years of relevant teacher education experience at a tertiary level
- At least 3 years of relevant school teaching experience
- Experience in developing course curriculum and assessment tools as per accreditation and international standards
- Experience in Early Childhood Montessori Education or Maths and Science teaching and teacher education is preferred
- A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodologies
- Current knowledge of best practices, trends and issues
- Experience in budget planning and implementation
- Highly developed organizational, communication and presentation skills
For a detailed job description and to apply please visit https://recruit.hct.ac.ae/WebForms/ViewJobDetail.aspx?j=37724&h=0 . We are currently looking for Faculty to start immediately and the review of candidates will continue until the position is filled. All candidate inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.