The Eliot-Pearson Children's School is a laboratory-demonstration school affiliated with the Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development at Tufts University. The Children's School enrolls approximately 68 children. It has preschool and Pre-K and Kindergarten to first grade classrooms. It serves as a model and demonstration school, providing a training and observation site for new and experienced teachers and opportunities for research projects.
What You'll Do
The Program coordinator provides administrative oversight of the extended day and the Enrichment programs to ensure smooth operations of the school. He/she has oversight of the Enrichment/afterschool program and summer/vacation programs, and serves as a communication/information representative/resource for the school. This individual coordinates programmatic and operational procedures for the Enrichment/afterschool programs, develop/manage the school website, and support management of daily operation for the administrative office. The program coordinator will also oversee the organization and maintenance of records and processes for the Special Rights Program at the school.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a a Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of experience
- Demonstrated communication skills with teachers, staff, helping professionals, children and families
- Ability to treat a diverse and inclusive group of staff, children and their families with respect
- Ability to work effectively in a team with flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to build positive relationships with parents of children attending the EPCS
- Able to respond effectively to varied challenges presented each day
- Secretarial/business skills, Computer literacy with Macintosh and PC platforms software (Microsoft word, Excel, Appleworks or MS Publisher, iPhoto and other digital imaging programs)
- Highly organized and able to handle several different projects at once, able to set priorities; be able to ask for help, and know when to defer decisions
- Ability to work independently under pressure and handle confidential materials
- Strong interpersonal /communication skills
- Ability to work in a University setting and under the Director
- More than two years of related experience
- Experience in working at a child care center
- Knowledge of MA State License and National Accreditation Requirement
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.