The Department of Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology in the College of Education at the University of Kentucky invites applications for an Assistant Professor, tenure-eligible, in School Psychology to begin August 16, 2023. Please visit our program’s website at: http://education.uky.edu/EDP/content/school-psych-overviewhttp://education.uky.edu/EDP/content/school-psych-overview for information about the School Psychology Program. You are eligible for a generous benefits package as a University of Kentucky faculty member with diverse rewards, focusing on your total well-being. Additional information and updates to benefits can be found at: https://www.uky.edu/hr/benefitshttps://www.uky.edu/hr/benefits
RESPONSIBILITIES: Teach graduate courses such as social-emotional assessment, cognitive assessment, systems-level services, and/or school consultation; provide clinical supervision and practicum training to graduate students. Mentor Educational Specialist and doctoral students, supervise dissertations, and provide professional service. Maintain an active research program with potential for and evidence of seeking extramural funding.
Application review begins September 12, 2022. Applications should include:
* A letter of application describing their appropriateness for the position including their research, teaching, mentoring, and potential social justice advocacy experience (upload under Cover Letter);
* Candidate statement on diversity, equity, and inclusion (upload under Specific Request 1);
* Current curriculum vita (upload under Curriculum Vita);
* Two representative publications (upload under Specific Request 2); and
* The names and contact information for at least three professional references when prompted in the application.
Appointment for this 9-month position is contingent upon funding. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Kentucky considers the health, safety and well-being of our entire community to be a top priority. In alignment with this priority, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. For areas that fall under the federal CMS mandate, start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID-19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted.