Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Assistant Director, Program Development
The Fletcher School is the United States’ first professional graduate school of international affairs. Since 1933 Fletcher’s multi-disciplinary education in international relations, law, and business, has prepared the world’s leaders to become innovative problem-solvers in government, private sector, and non-governmental organizations. The Fletcher School seeks to fulfill its mission in the most environmentally sensible way possible. We are also committed to increasing the diversity of our administrative staff. Members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
As a critical member of the Fletcher Executive Education team, the position of Assistant Director of Program Development designs high-quality learning experiences for Fletcher executive education programs and serves as the main point of contact for high quality program delivery in hybrid and online modalities. The goal of this position is to facilitate state-of-the-art teaching and to expand the capacity of The Fletcher School’s Office of Executive Education.
- Working closely with the Executive Education leadership team, develop a cohesive pedagogical approach and faculty toolkit distinct to Fletcher Executive Education, which can be implemented across programs to deliver a consistent on-brand high-quality learning experience.
- Collaborate with faculty to adapt curricular materials for mid-career and executive audiences in multiple modalities, including online classrooms and virtual environments.
- Ensure excellence and innovation in the quality of pedagogical approaches, course content, and final delivery by staying abreast of cutting-edge developments, innovations, trends, and challenges in the digital learning arena.
- Manage learner engagement by fostering community development, networking, and collaboration; enhance the holistic learning experience and cultivate a community of lifelong learning across Fletcher’s executive education programs.
- Facilitate enrollment, course participation, successful learning, and course completion; effectively support executive education students from a variety of professional sectors, geographic regions, and career stages.
- Support faculty to learn new teaching tools; foster familiarity and creativity with cutting edge technologies designed for mid-career and executive learners.
- In coordination with faculty, design diverse learning activities, learning modules, video lectures, multimedia, and other interactive online experiences leveraging Tufts technologies such as Canvas, Kaltura, Zoom, and other tools as appropriate.
- Conduct course and program assessments, adapt to new needs, and contribute to strategic decisions to maximize efficiency, increase scalability, maintain best practices and expand Fletcher Executive Education as a high-quality brand in the market.
- Serve as liaison to Tufts educational technology resources to facilitate engagement across campus.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience designing curriculum and teaching in the field of international affairs or a related discipline such as communications, history, political science, media studies, or social science
- Demonstrated experience creating online learning experiences from initial curriculum design to lesson planning to course delivery
- Ability to work effectively with faculty to create opportunities for learning and experimentation with new tools; Experience leading trainings, workshops, and meetings
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and delivery results on a deadline
- Excellent written, verbal, presentational, and pedagogical communication skills
- Extraordinary project management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills in student engagement, client support, and stakeholder management
- Ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced multilateral environment
- Familiarity with tools and emerging technologies for learning, including Canvas LMS, LTI tools, video production and videography, video editing and annotation, visual design and data visualization, interactive tools for assessments and presentations
- Master’s degree in education, instructional design, media production, or related discipline with a focus on online learning
- 5-8 years of experience of instructional design for adult learners, with a focus on executive education or continuing studies in a demanding educational context
Attributes of a Successful Team Member:
- Resourceful, flexible, and diplomatic
- Strong sense of personal and team accountability
- Client-focused, with proven ability to develop trusting working relationships with colleagues and business partners with high expectations.
- Deep interest in leadership development, higher education and creative learning models.
- Team player with an eye for detail and skills to collaborate with multiple teams with shared accountability in fast-paced, high-energy, often ambiguous, environment.
- Familiarity with global networks in government, the private sector, and global affairs
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |