The Department of Counseling & Marital and Family Therapy at the University of San Diego invites applications for a full-time, open-rank tenured or tenure-track position with a 9-month academic appointment beginning in Fall 2022 in the School Counseling Program.
Applicants will be considered for the faculty titles of Assistant or Associate Professor.
The successful applicant will be expected to teach core and specialization courses in the School Counseling Program. Faculty members are also expected to demonstrate scholarly productivity, as reflected in publications, professional presentations, and research grants. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to student advising, admissions, curriculum assessment/development, and general departmental and university service. Preference will be given to candidates who can teach basic and advanced counseling courses in the school counseling program and supervise practicum/fieldwork courses. The successful applicant will: contribute to the department’s mission of providing outstanding teaching, research, and service; have an appreciation of diverse constituencies and add to the department’s commitment to diversity; have the ability to collaborate productively with students and faculty at USD; and have strong oral and written communication skills, and effective interpersonal skills.
The faculty is especially seeking candidates with a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and social justice, as evidenced by their research commitment to diversity as part of their research agenda. Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated research skills and the ability to articulate a coherent research agenda. Candidates for this position must meet the following minimum criteria:
● an earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited program. ABD candidates will be considered, but must complete degree requirements by date of appointment;
● experience teaching Counseling core and School Counseling specialization courses is required;
● demonstrated evidence of scholarly productivity (i.e., publications, presentations, and/or grant funding);
● evidence of strong graduate-level teaching;
● active participation in professional counseling organizations; and
● demonstrate a strong commitment to multiculturalism and social justice.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
● manuscripts published in national refereed counseling journals;
● experience working as a practicing professional school counselor;
● demonstrated evidence of/potential for grant writing; and
● evidence of leadership in professional counseling organizations.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Salary is commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits