Faculty - Non Tenure Track - Career Preparation
: Faculty - Non Tenure Track (FT)
Within UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY, the Woodbury School of Business is seeking a Lecturer position in Career Preparation. Under the direction of the Chair of the Marketing Department in the Woodbury School of Business, the hire will provide service to the university and community and uphold professional and ethical standards. The individual in the position will teach undergraduate courses in Career Preparation. Preference will be given to candidates with a teaching interest in the area with knowledge of business topics and computer skills. Proof of good teaching and administrative skills are required. This documentation MUST be attached as Other (1) and Other (2). The position will primarily be one of teaching five classes of MKTG 3890, Career Preparation, each semester.
The Woodbury School of Business is AACSB accredited and offers undergraduate degrees to 5,000 business majors and also offers an MBA program. UVU is one of the nation's fastest-growing comprehensive four-year institutions with 37,000 students. The campus is located in the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, 45 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City with access to high-quality cultural events and outstanding outdoor activities. Screening of applicants will continue until the position is filled.
The position requires a masters degree in Business or Business Communications (or related). Demonstrated successful teaching at the college or university level is required. The selected candidate will begin in August 2018.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
- Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with people.
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter and course content of classes to be taught, instructional strategies, and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation of instruction, curriculum development, program development and evaluation.
- Effective human relations skills and communication techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of Career Preparation field of study including:
- Personal branding
- Personality assessment and strategic goal setting
- Career development, planning and resiliency
- Professional portfolio development
- Job search correspondence and applications
- Elevator speech and interviewing skills
- Employment document development including resumes, references, cover and thank you letters
- Networking and job sourcing
- Salary negotiation and job acceptance
- Lifelong learning skills and job satisfaction
- Public speaking, presenting, and report writing skills.
M.B.A. degrees are preferred.
Five years of industry and professional experience outside of the classroom is highly respected and preferred.
Talking continuously, sitting and standing regularly. Fine hand manipulation for use in computer systems.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
DOQ based on experience
FAC22118 WSB Marketing Faculty
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/8093
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.