Nazarbayev University was established in 2010 as a leading national and regional research university in Central Asia, in partnership with some of the most internationally recognized names in higher education. The Graduate School of Education (GSE), which was launched in 2013, offers Master’s and doctoral programs and already has over 500 alumni leading education reform across all sectors of education in Kazakhstan and beyond. Due to expansion, GSE invites applications for Full Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors for faculty positions beginning between January and August, 2024. Applicants with a research focus in inclusive education, multilingual education or education policy are particularly encouraged to apply.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- PhD in an appropriate discipline from an accredited and recognized international university (ABD at time of application will be considered, but PhD must be in hand at the time of appointment, and current PhD holders will be given priority);
- A demonstrated record of research and publications appropriate to rank;
- Teaching experience at the university level (experience in postgraduate programs will be given a priority);
- Experience in developing new courses and program curricula;
- Experience and readiness to supervise Master’s and Ph.D. student thesis research
- Excellent intercultural communication and collaboration skills;
- Commitment to maintaining a collegial and inclusive work environment;
- Commitment to making a difference through education to the School, University and wider society.
Responsibilities include teaching, research, and school service. The University offers opportunities for research support. All positions are for a three-year term with the possibility of renewal.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach postgraduate courses in our M.Sc. in Educational Leadership program (one of 4 specializations: Inclusive Education; Multilingual Education; Higher Education; and School Education), our M.A. in Multilingual Education program, and/or our PhD in Education program.
Applicants should send a cover letter (indicate rank and program area applied for), CV, names and contact information of three referees, and two samples of published work through the 'Apply' button
Use https://smrtr.io/gbgk5 to access the application.
Completed applications should be received by September 22, 2023, but a review of applications may begin before this. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Nazarbayev University offers an attractive benefits package, including competitive compensation; housing based on family size and rank; relocation allowance; air tickets to the home country twice per year; no-cost medical insurance with global coverage; and educational allowance for children.
For inquiries regarding these positions, please contact: Jason Sparks, Vice Dean for Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Education (gse.nu.edu.kz)
Nazarbayev University (https://nu.edu.kz/)
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts. If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert, or its categorisation then please send us your feedback