The Graduate School of Education at the University at Buffalo, SUNY, invites applications for for an open rank position tenure-track position in Educational Administration in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy to start in Fall 2023
The Department of Educational Leadership and Policy has a long history of research excellence and a strong teaching and community engagement tradition. The successful candidate will have a record of scholarship and publication in educational leadership and leadership preparation. We aim to bring in a colleague whose work can help us to understand how to prepare and support high quality school leaders for diverse contexts and whose work seeks to address systemic and structural inequities in educational systems more broadly to apply.
In this position, it is expected that faculty will engage in scholarly research, serve on master’s and doctoral committees, and teach courses in one’s area of specialization and in our leadership preparation and doctoral programs. We are particularly interested in equity- and justice-focused researchers with expertise in quantitative or mixed-method methodologies. The preferred candidate’s scholarship would focus on one or more of the following areas: PK-12 school leadership preparation; educational leadership for diverse contexts including urban, suburban, and rural settings; and family and community engagement. Priority status will be given to applicants making strong and innovative contributions to their field; with experience recruiting and working effectively with minoritized graduate students; who have developed and demonstrated critical pedagogy skills; and who have engaged their academic and local communities to address vital social issues.
- Maintaining an active research agenda in educational leadership with a focus on issues of equity, diversity, justice, and inclusion commensurate with Research 1 tenure track faculty appointments
- Ability to pursue and sustain external grant funding
- Teaching two courses per semester at the graduate level in either the leadership preparation program or doctoral program(s)
- Teaching and advising graduate students
- Contributing to the intellectual community of the department and school
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic university community committed to teaching and working in an affirming, just, and inclusive environment. Potential applicants, who share this goal, including veterans and individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. We honor the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, its elders and ancestors, on which the University at Buffalo is located.
Candidates must have an earned doctoral degree in Educational Leadership, Educational Administration, Educational Policy, or a related field.
In addition, we will give preference to candidates with:
- A record, or strong potential, of securing external funding
- Experience directing and administering academic programs, especially at the graduate and doctoral level
- Experience teaching through online and hybrid approaches
- Experience advising graduate students
- Demonstrated ability to supervise student projects and/or EdD research projects (or strong potential to supervise EdD projects)
- Experience leading (broadly defined) in pK-12 schools/districts
- Teaching experience in administrator preparation settings
- History of collaboration with various stakeholder groups (or strong potential for collaboration)
- Knowledge and use of technology and its administrative applications