The Medical Education and Educational Research Institute (MEERI) encompasses services and programs that shape, support, and enhance teaching and learning at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. To support these efforts along with our evolving medical student curriculum, the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo seeks to hire a Director of Assessment.
The Director of Assessment will provide collaborative leadership in developing, guiding and contributing to ongoing implementation of learning assessment and program improvement for our undergraduate medical education program. The Director of Assessment will ensure that all assessments utilized for student development (formative) or student assessment (summative, for grade) meet or exceed the highest standards specified by the University, the National Board of Medical Examiners, the American Educational Research Association, and the American Psychological Association.
The successful candidate will also incorporate tracking of possible inequity present in assessment methods/outcomes in order to develop an assessment program that ensures equitable evaluation of performance for all medical students.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as an assessment specialist by coaching faculty, staff, and learners on appropriate implementation and use of assessment tools and resources.
- Lead the curriculum team in assessment instrument development including exam blueprints, standard setting, observation protocols, scoring rubrics, questionnaires, surveys, etc.
- Collaboratively develop, review and refine formative and summative assessments with faculty including longitudinal assessments, OSCEs, and workplace-based assessments that align with desired student outcomes.
- Work with the Office of Accreditation and Quality Improvement (OAQI) and the Office of Medical Computing to design and maintain databases with assessment data, analyze assessments as part of a continuous quality improvement process, and provide specific feedback to faculty regarding their assessments.
- Use performance metrics and analytics to ensure that evidence supports assessment methodologies employed.
- Collaborate with the faculty and staff of the Offices of Medical Education in research projects focusing on the education of our students.
Salary Range: $85,000 – $90,000.
This position is funded through the UB Foundation and follows UB Foundation benefit offerings.