University of British Columbia
Faculty of Dentistry
Department of Oral Health Sciences
A grant-funded Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available beginning August 1, 2020, for 1 year initially with the possibility of an extension. This position requires expertise in higher/health education specifically pertaining to the areas of curriculum, policy measurement, and/or learning. Strong knowledge and skills in statistical analysis are preferred.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A doctorate degree (PhD).
- Ability to prepare, implement, and/or manage educational research projects.
- Ability to arrange and present data analysis results to both health science and education communities.
- Ability to supervise undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Demonstrated scholarship evidence in the field of educational research.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of various research methods commonly used in social science research.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in setting and achieving goals, both alone and in a team environment.
It will be highly desirable if the candidate has a PhD in Education, wishes to use this year to also develop her/his own line of research in health sciences education, and can take the initiative to co-apply for research funding. It will be highly desirable if the candidate also has knowledge and skills in the online teaching and learning research field.
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. Please state your current citizenship status in your cover letter.
Forward a letter of application (including the names and addresses of three referees) and CV by July 15, 2020 to:
Dr. Angela Tether
UBC Faculty of Dentistry
Note: due to the large number of applications, we regret that we are unable to confirm receipt of submissions or provide status of competitions; only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted.
For any questions related to the nature of the job, please contact Dr. HsingChi von Bergmann at email@example.com.