Primary Purpose of Position
The clinical/field faculty position will have teaching responsibilities and monitor (supervise) student teachers and field placement students to ensure successful matriculation through the field components.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The College of Education’s Educator Preparation Department provides instruction and supervision across all content program in the educator preparation programs.
The primary qualifications for such positions typically include substantial practitioner experience
- An earned doctorate/terminal degree in the teaching or related discipline.
- Ability or definite promise in the mutually agreed upon realms of responsibility.
- Potential for directing activities in the mutually agreed upon realms of responsibility.
- Ability and willingness to participate in department, college, and university affairs.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a teacher and/or administrator in public or private schools
Required License or Certification
- A valid Professional Standard II NC teaching License (Elementary/K-6 Specific)
Working Title Clinical/Field Faculty, Educator Preparation