A.T. Still University’s (ATSU) Teaching & Learning Center (TLC) is seeking applications for an Instructional Designer (ID) on the Mesa, Arizona campus. The ID will work collaboratively as a member of the TLC to promote, support, and integrate innovative instructional strategies into the University’s education curriculum.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to:
* Provide instructional design, technology, and logistical support for educators responsible for teaching in face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning environments
* Plan, coordinate, and conduct training workshops and coaching consultations on current and emerging instructional techniques and technologies, integrating evidence-based practices
* Engage in research assessing the effectiveness of the TLC
services and programs designed to promote innovative and enriched teaching practice to optimize students learning outcomes
* Collaboratively work across disciplines, departments, schools, colleges, and campuses to plan, develop, and implement established and emerging teaching and learning strategies
* Provide instructional design support to educators for the design, development, and delivery of engaging, interactive, and pedagogically sound materials that address various learning needs of students in dynamic technology-enhanced courses
* Develop training materials including just-in-time job aids such as self-help documents, video tutorials, and other instructional materials to assist educators with the use of course management tools and instructional technologies
* Utilize software such as presentation tools, courseware publishing software, and web page development tools to develop custom instructional solutions to meet individual or departmental teaching needs
* Research, evaluate, and implement emerging technologies that have potential value for Healthcare education
* Adhere to and implement security technologies, best practices, and policies as they relate to maintaining student confidentiality and academic integrity
* Positively contribute to the culture to develop teaching and learning-centric communities at ATSU
focused on expanding best instructional practices
* Master’s degree in Instructional Design & Technology or related field
* A minimum of 2-3 years of progressive experience in designing, developing, facilitating, and evaluating training and/or professional development programs, preferably in a higher education setting
* Experience designing, developing, implementing, and revising in-person, online, and hybrid instructional materials
* Proficient in productivity software such as Google Apps, Microsoft Office, video conferencing tools, video production, and website development
* Proficient in working with learning management systems (LMS
s), preferably Canvas, interactive lecture capturing such as * *
* Echo360, or other synchronous LMS
* Experience leading and managing multiple projects, communicating effectively both written and verbally, to support the needs of diverse groups
* Preferred experience working in a higher education environment, interacting and supporting educators, administrators, and staff in health care professions
* Comfortable creating and delivering compelling presentations for University-wide audiences of educators, administrators, and staff communities
* Brings a positive, energetic outlook towards working in a higher education environment with strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills
Who We Are
A.T. Still University serves as a learning-centered university dedicated to preparing highly competent professionals through innovative academic programs with a commitment to continue its osteopathic heritage and focus on whole person healthcare, scholarship, community health, interprofessional education, diversity, and underserved populations.
This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package with a competitive salary dependent on education and experience levels. Relocation is offered for this position. ATSU conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment.
Review of applications will begin February 1st, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. To be considered for this position, please apply online at http://atsu.edu/tlc-1533 and upload a cover letter and your current resume with references.