Nazarbayev University was launched in 2010 as a premier national and regional flagship research university, partnering with some of the most internationally recognized names in higher education.
Due to expansion, the Graduate School of Education (GSE) is now inviting applications for two positions in Multilingual Education at Assistant/Associate Professor rank from August 2023.
Responsibilities include teaching, research, and service. The University offers opportunities for research support. All positions are for a three-year term with the possibility of renewal.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach postgraduate courses in our M.A. in Multilingual Education program, M.Sc. in Educational Leadership program, and our PhD in Education program. We will prioritize applicants who have teaching/research experience in the areas of language education/bilingual education/applied linguistics and CLIL, and those who have experience of teaching research methods (preferably quantitative).
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· Ph.D. in an appropriate discipline from an accredited and recognized international university (ABD at time of application will be considered, but Ph.D. must be in hand at the time of appointment, and current Ph.D. holders will be given priority);
· A demonstrated record of research and publications appropriate to rank;
· Teaching experience at the university level (experience in postgraduate programs will be given a priority);
· Experience in developing new courses and program curricula;
· Experience and readiness to supervise Master’s and Ph.D. student thesis research
· Excellent intercultural communication and collaboration skills;
· Commitment to maintaining a collegial and inclusive work environment;
· Commitment to making a difference through education in the School, University, and wider society.
Applicants should send a cover letter (indicate rank applied for), CV, names and contact information of three referees, and two samples of published work through this link: https://smrtr.io/d4vCj
Completed applications should be received by 26th March 2023, but a review of applications may begin before this. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Nazarbayev University offers an attractive benefits package, including competitive compensation; housing based on family size and rank; relocation allowance; air tickets to the home country twice per year; 8 weeks annual leave; no-cost medical insurance with global coverage; and educational allowance for children.
For inquiries regarding these positions, please contact Jason Sparks, Vice Dean for Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).