The Assistive Technology program area in the Department of Early Childhood, Special Education, and Rehabilitation Counseling housed in the College of Education at the University of Kentucky is seeking a full-time, postdoctoral scholar for the 2018-2019 academic year with a possible renewal in 2019-2020. Re-appointment is contingent upon funding. The postdoctoral scholar’s primary responsibilities would include teaching four courses and maintaining a productive line of research in the area of special education technology. The postdoctoral scholar would also have the opportunity to consult with students and faculty on research projects.
The ideal candidate would have a background in special education, assistive technology, and instructional technology in special education. Applicants with a record of scholarly publications are strongly preferred.
- An earned doctorate in special education
- Evidence of substantive knowledge and background in the field of assistive technology
- Evidence of substantive knowledge in instructional technology in special education
- Demonstrated excellence or potential for excellence in undergraduate/graduate face-to-face and online teaching
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Teach graduate (600 level) and undergraduate (500 level) courses in the areas of assistive and instructional technology and assistive technology assessment
- Maintain an active line of research, publication, and other scholarly activities
- Provide service to the program and department
- Provide consultation to graduate students as needed in relevant areas of expertise
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a teaching philosophy statement (upload under Specific Request 1), and contact information for three references (upload under Special Request 2). Questions regarding the position may be directed to Dr. Margaret Bausch at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.