- Responsible for coordinating with healthcare facilities in the management of art therapy clinical internship placements.
- Provide individual supervision to first and second-year graduate art therapy students according to curriculum requirements.
- Provide direct observation and program development support to second year graduate student interns and partner facilities.
- Maintain and update department field manuals and field placement forms (e.g.: evaluation, affiliation agreements, syllabus, etc.) for first and second-year internship placements.
- Provide annual orientation programs for first and second-year internship placement in conjunction with art therapy program director.
- Ongoing clinical and administrative supervision and troubleshooting of field placement collaborators and student needs.
- Teach 12-15 credit hours each academic year and maintain a clinical practice.
- Participate in review of curriculum design and collaborate with area colleagues in advancing curriculum within the Art Therapy Program
- Community networking to seek out, establish and maintain relationships with clinical and educational facilities in the creation and maintenance of practicum/internship opportunities for students. Provide ongoing assessment and evaluation of strength and needs for improvement
- Committee service for department/school/university
- Professional service
- Candidate must hold a terminal degree and expertise in the field of Art Therapy
- Registered and Board-Certified Art Therapist credential required (ATR-BC)
- Indiana State Licensure in Mental Health Counseling, or in the midst of applying
- University-level teaching experience
- Professional Art Therapy practice within the past 5 years
Art Therapy at Herron
Herron’s 60-credit Master of Arts in Art Therapy Program is focused on providing a comprehensive education that emphasizes development of the artist/art therapist, prepares graduates to work in a variety of settings, and fosters critical engagement within social and cultural contexts. The program was established in 2012 and prepares students with the academic and internship requirements for pursuing the credentials of ATR and LMHCA. The program faculty are actively preparing documents for the Accreditation Council for Art Therapy Education (ACATE) and the joining faculty member will play an important role in this process for review in 2020.
Herron School of Art and Design, IUPUI
Herron School of Art and Design was founded in 1902 as an independent private school and is now part of Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI), a rapidly expanding urban university with an enrollment of over 30,000 students. Herron is an established professional art and design school that has been fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) since 1952. The school occupies two recently opened state-of-the-art facilities totaling approximately 250,000 square feet. The school is located in a strategic position connecting the IUPUI campus, major museums and Indianapolis’ vibrant downtown. Approximately 800 students are enrolled in undergraduate and graduate degrees. Herron offers a BA in art history and provides art historical content to the BFA, MFA, and BAE degrees in Fine Arts, Visual Communication Design, Art History, Art Education, and Art Therapy. For more information, see http://www.iupui.edu and http://herron.iupui.edu
Submit application materials at https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/8476
You will be asked to create an account, and then complete the application that is a combination of fill-in fields and uploaded documents. You are encouraged to begin the application well before the deadline.
Required Documents: convert all word documents into pdf format before uploading
- Cover letter: stating interest and qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching philosophy
- Evidence of successful teaching and/or professional practice
- Examples of published research, if available
- At least 3 references (references will be notified by email with directions on how to electronically submit letters to Herron School of Art and Design)
Screening begins mid- October, 2019 and continues until position is filled.