The Lorado Taft Field Campus is Northern Illinois University’s outdoor education and conference center and is located in Oregon, Illinois. Taft Campus’ outdoor education program is generally multidisciplinary, place-based, and experiential, and planned in close partnership with the visiting schools with the goal of providing excellent programming and customer service to the visiting students and staff. The Outdoor Education Instructor is responsible for the instruction of outdoor education experiences for elementary and middle school students.
Lorado Taft Field Campus is looking to fill multiple positions for its Outdoor Education Instructor position. All positions require successful hires to live in provided campus housing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and teach classes, primarily in the outdoor environment, to students in the 4th to 8th grades.
- Develop curricula and resources for the program.
- Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of campus teaching, habitat, and resource storage areas.
- Participate in staff training prior to teaching and throughout the school year.
- Assist in the coordination of the residential outdoor education program.
- Provide guest services and assist in security and emergency procedures.
- Complete projects assigned by the faculty supervisors.