The Counselor Education Program in the Department of Early Childhood, Special Education, and Counselor Education (EDSCE) in the College of Education at the University of Kentucky invites applications for a tenure-track assistant or associate professor position, Regular Title Series, in Counselor Education. The appointment is a nine-month appointment, effective August 16, 2021. Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
The Counselor Education Program is a social justice focused program with specialties in RC and in CMHC for distance learning at the master’s level, Counselor Education and Supervision (CES) at the doctoral level, and Interdisciplinary Disability Studies (IDS) at the undergraduate level. The RC and CES programs are CACREP accredited and the CMHC is under review for accreditation. Faculty provide exceptional education and training to all our students and affirm professional identities.
The individual chosen for this position must meet the following minimum criteria:
- An earned doctoral degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or Counselor Education from a CACREP-accredited doctoral Counselor Education or Rehabilitation Counseling program.
- Certification as a rehabilitation counselor (CRC) or CRC eligible.
- License eligible (LPC) in Kentucky by start date.
- Have experience teaching core CACREP and specialized courses in the RC and CMHC master’s program.
- Knowledge of CACREP accreditation procedures and experience in assessing and evaluating student dispositions and learning outcomes based on CACREP standards.
- Experience as a rehabilitation counselor or mental health counselor.
- An established research and publication track record or demonstration of potential in this area.
- Evidence of grant writing or demonstrate potential for grant writing.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Clinical and supervision experience in counseling.
- Ability to direct doctoral dissertation committees.
- Experience in use of instructional technology.
The successful candidate will have teaching, advising, research, and service responsibilities related to the program, department, college, university, and field constituents. Responsibilities include the following: Teach a two-two course load; engage with Counselor Education faculty in program planning and course development; assist with measures for determining and evaluating student learning outcomes and dispositions; advise students; develop a programmatic research agenda and scholarly writing; prepare and submit grant applications; provide service and engagement activities to the profession, department, college, and university; collaborate with the community; and participate in professional organizations. Summer teaching may be available and is optional.
The Rehabilitation Counseling program is ranked in the top ten programs in the country by U.S. News and World Report. The University, College of Education, and EDSCE department and CE program value diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. The University of Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that, to be considered an applicant, an application must be submitted via the UK Jobs site. Interested applicants should include, along with the online application form, a letter of application detailing qualifications (upload under Cover Letter), current curriculum vita (upload under Curriculum Vita), one sample of professional writing (upload under Specific Request 1), evaluations of any college teaching (upload under Specific Request 2), and names and contact information for three current references familiar with the applicant’s work (upload under Specific Request 3).
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Dr. Keith B. Wilson (email@example.com), Counselor Education Search Committee Chair, or Dr. Debra Harley (firstname.lastname@example.org), Counselor Educator Search Committee Co-Chair, Department of Early Childhood, Special Education, and Counselor Education, College of Education, 229 Taylor Education Building, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506-0001.
Review of applications begins May 17, 2021, and continues until the position is filled.