Nazarbayev University (NU) – located in Astana, Kazakhstan – is a new Western-style, English-medium institution, created with the support of other leading university partners around the world. Due to expansion, Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Education (NUGSE) is recruiting three full-time Postdoctoral Research fellow qualified applicants with an interest in the following areas: School Education, Higher Education, Multilingual Education, or Inclusive Education. Candidates with other research interest will also be considered. The Post-Doctoral Fellow Positions are an advanced academic research positions, where fellows conduct a specified programme of research supported by research training under the supervision and direction of a Principal Investigator. Limited teaching may also be part of the portfolio of activities. The review of applications begins in August and continues until positions are filled.
The successful candidate will demonstrate advanced research skills and show competences in (1) the processes of publication in peer-reviewed academic journals (SJR) and (2) dissemination of scholarly works, (3) the development of funding proposals. Fellows may also be given the opportunity to develop their own skills in research-led teaching
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct a specified programme of research and scholarship under the supervision and direction of your Principal Investigator.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by your Principal Investigator, your School or Institute, or the University. Provide consultations, tutoring and other writing support activities (Writing Center);
- Support your Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research programme.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which you are engaged as directed by, with the support of, and under the supervision of, your Principal Investigator.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of your research group.
- Take responsibility as requested for day-to-day advice and support of graduate research students associated with your research group.
- Mentor and assist the research graduate students in the Graduate School of Education.
- Carry out administrative and management duties associated with your programme of research.
Selection criteria outline the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would need to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post. Applications will be assessed based on how well candidates meet the following essential and desirable criteria.
- PhD in Education or related field (e.g., educational psychology, psychology, social sciences or law).
- Demonstrated understanding of the operational requirements for a successful research project and management of resources.
- Knowledge and application of the principles underpinning successful grant applications.
- Proven ability to identify and fulfil the academic writing requirements for target publications.
- Proven record of working with team members and postgraduate students to help build their research skills and knowledge to support and guide their professional development.
- Able to generate new ideas and links and build upon existing ideas to generate unique concepts and solutions.
- Sound knowledge of research ethics as applied to educational settings highly valued.
- Applied quantitative research knowledge and skills related to test and instrument development, classical test theory, multivariate statistics, multi-level modelling, structural equation modelling, item-response theory, data manipulation, and R programming highly valued.
- Applied qualitative research knowledge and skills related to carrying out in-depth interviews, focus groups, ethnographic research, content analysis, case study research, text analysis, narrative analysis, thematic analysis, and Nvivo software use highly valued.
- Knowledge and ability to work across disciplines and sub-fields.
Further Information for Candidates
Salary: An internationally competitive salary is offered.
Job status: Full-time.
Required Documents for Application
● Motivation letter.
● Up-to-date CV.
● Two reference letters.
● Copies of qualifications.
Shortlisted candidates will be subject to our standard recruitment procedures which will include an interview, background check, and vetting of qualifications.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent before August 12, 2021 midday (KZT) online https://smrtr.io/63_rW
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contact Person & Informal Enquiries about the Post
Michael Makoelle, PhD, Vice Dean for Research Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Education Email: email@example.com