The clinical coordinator plays a key administrative role with the School Counseling Program. In this position you will work closely with students, site supervisors, field placement instructors, program director, and other faculty and staff. The primary focus of the job will be to facilitate the practicum and internship placement setup and approval process. This will require you to develop and manage relationships to identify new training sites through community outreach efforts and leveraging existing site agreements. Additionally, you will need to:
- Manage the Affiliation Agreement process between the University at Buffalo and participating community agencies to ensure all placements are within program and current NYSED guidelines.
- Assist students with locating available, appropriate practicum and internship sites.
- Monitor student performance/progress to ensure maintenance of professional and ethical standards.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Master’s degree in School Counseling or related field
- One to three years (or more) experience working in school counseling, school-based counseling placements, or counseling field placements is preferred.
- Certified School Counselor in good standing.
- Experience in communicating and collaborating with school-based and community service providers.
- Advanced skills in professional writing, communication, and basic database maintenance.
- Appreciation for diversity and disability sensitivity when working in multicultural environments of faculty, students, and staff.
Typical office work environment; ability to visit local placement site locations.