Assistant Dean - School of Education
: Staff - Full-Time
Under the direction of the dean of the School of Education, the assistant dean is responsible for the administration, management, and supervision of all K-12, local, and global engagement programs and activities for SOE. This includes overseeing: personnel, site selection, development, program implementation, and finances. The assistant dean works with the dean and the associate dean with supporting the strategic plans and administrative operations for the School, including (1) effective implementation of administrative decisions, state regulations, and UVU policies and procedures; 2) service as liaison with outside educational
agencies and UVU administration; 3) working to achieve university goals regarding engagement and student success through the development and implementation of new engagement programs in line with emerging best practices 4) leading SOE engagement strategic initiatives, 5) developing and implementing engagement goals including strategic plans and objectives; 6) coordinating and participating in engagement development activities in cooperation with the SOE Dean.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a masters degree and 2 years evidence of progressive academic and administrative experience with a record of successful people management required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with accreditation processes
- Knowledge in the management of program finances
- Knowledge and experience with organizing and analyzing data
- Knowledge of international engagement rules and regulations
- Understanding of current trends in teacher education that impact clinical practices
- Knowledge of best organizational and management practices
- Knowledge of, and experience with, higher education administration including development of policies and procedures and personnel management
- Effective and accurate in oral and written communication
- Skill in working with peers and supervising administrative assistants
- Strong management skills including project management, reporting, and documentation
- Skills in identifying and cultivating professional relationships on university, community and global levels
- Skill in program planning, development and implementation
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional relationships with multiple stakeholders in diverse communities
- Ability to quickly learn new processes, programs, and procedures
- Ability to create and develop effective work teams with the skills and abilities necessary to accomplish SOE engagement goals and demonstrate accountability for responsibilities
- Ability to manage difficult challenges that may arise from planning, coordinating, and implementing engagement programs
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data, generate reports, and successfully publish content as appropriate
Graduation from an accredited institution with a terminal degree in education or education-related field (i.e. curriculum and instruction, elementary education, secondary education, special education etc. ) and at least five years of experience within the field
Experience with a university-based teacher preparation program
Experience working with public school teachers and administrators
Earned administrative/supervisory certificate
Earned professional teaching license
Work is performed in a general office environment. International travel is required.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
STA173618 School of Education Staff 07/24/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/13510
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.