Job Description Summary
Assistant Clinical Professor.
This is a 12-month, non-tenure-track position in the Department of Special Education, Rehabilitation, and Counseling beginning in August 2024. This position can be renewed annually. This faculty will be hired to support our Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling master’s program, with the expectation that the candidate will contribute to the other programs in Counselor Education. The university’s commitment to excellence is outlined in the Auburn University Strategic Plan (https://ocm.auburn.edu/strategic_plan/
). Review of applications for the position will begin January 31, 2024; however, the search will remain open until the position is filled.
The Department of Special Education, Rehabilitation, and Counseling is housed in the College of Education. The Counselor Education Program includes four CACREP
accredited programs, which include master’s programs in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling, School Counseling, and a doctoral program in Counselor Education and Supervision. In addition, the department houses programs in Counseling Psychology (APA
Accredited) and Special Education. Information can be found at www.auburn.edu/serc
- Earned doctoral degree in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited university at the time employment begins
- Earned master’s degree in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling from a CACREP accredited program at the time employment begins
- Two years of clinical and supervision experience
- Evidence of counseling, supervision, and college/university teaching experience in counselor education
- Evidence of the ability to engage in professional service, leadership, and advocacy
- Evidence of the ability to engage in the integration of advocacy, social justice, cultural competence, and ethical practice into the preparation of counseling professionals
- Must hold or be working towards certification and licensure in the State of Alabama. Will consider those eligible for licensure. Must hold the CRC to maintain the position.
- Commitment to the values and priorities of the College of Education (https://education.auburn.edu/college-of-education-strategic-plan/; https://education.auburn.edu/about-the-college/vision-mission-and-core-values/)
- Administrative and professional experiences related to clinical rehabilitation counseling
- Experience in counselor education curriculum evaluation and program development
- Experience teaching in traditional and online instructional methods
- Experience or familiarity with the CACREP accreditation process
- Licensure for supervision or eligible for licensure for supervision is highly desired
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit the following:
1. A letter of application for the position that speaks to the required and desired qualifications listed above
2. Curriculum vita
3. A professional diversity statement
4. Names and contact information for three professional references
Note: Please submit documents 3 and 4 in the Other Documentation section. The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements for work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the term of employment.