- O&M/TCVI/OMC Program coordination/management
- Teach selected graduate level courses
- Participate in program governance in the department, college and university
- Contribute to professional organizations at the local, state and national levels
- Supervise practica and professional fieldwork throughout the U.S.
- Work with qualified practicum and internship supervisors for students in the adult and child O&M and TVI/OMC program concentrations
- Contribute to an interdisciplinary environment of research, instruction, and community collaborations.
- Master’s degree in O&M and TVI
- Licensed or ability to be licensed in the State of Michigan in Teaching Children with Visual Impairments (TCVI)
- Certification or certifiable in Orientation & Mobility from the Academy for the Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP)
- At least three years of experience in teaching children, youth and adults with visual impairments
- Experience supervising and instructing students at the graduate level
- Proven track record of working cooperatively on an interdisciplinary team
- Experience and expertise in the areas of assistive/access technology and low vision (including functional vision assessment).
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Knowledge and experience with school systems, vocational rehabilitation agencies, and the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
- At least 3 years of university instruction experience, teaching both face-to-face and online courses.
Western Michigan University, an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, complies with applicable federal and state laws and University policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment. Western Michigan University prohibits discrimination or harassment which violates the law or which constitutes inappropriate or unprofessional limitation of employment opportunity, University facility access, or participation in University activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected disability, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status. Please contact Institutional Equity for more information.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.