The Department of Teaching & Learning in the Darden College of Education & Professional Studies at Old Dominion University invites applications for the position of tenure track Assistant Professor of Elementary Education with a focus on Mathematics Education beginning July 25, 2024. The Department seeks scholars with expertise in PK-6 mathematics curriculum and instruction with experience and/or interest in researching and working with diverse populations in PK-6 public school contexts.
- teaching undergraduate and/or graduate level courses in mathematics methods, elementary education, or other areas based on candidate expertise;
- producing scholarly research and publications within the discipline;
- conducting and seeking external funding to support scholarly activities;
- building upon and developing new partnership relationships with PK-6 schools;
- supervising practicum or student teaching experiences in the field;
- mentoring and advising advanced graduate and doctoral students; and
- developing and teaching web-based courses, and integrating instructional technology into the curriculum.
Minimum Qualifications - knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience teaching in grades PK-6;
- Evidence of an emerging research agenda; and
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and a multicultural perspective.
Minimum Qualifications - Education or training
An earned doctorate in elementary curriculum and instruction, mathematics education, or closely related area by August 30, 2024