Rockhurst University's School of Education invites applications for a non-tenure-track (NTT) Assistant Teaching Professor of Education position. This is an 11-month, non-tenure-track (NTT) position with a start date of May 22, 2023. Responsibilities include teaching statistical research methods and doctoral level courses and supervising doctoral students research projects.
The Ed.D. in Education and Leadership is an online, cohort-based program with three concentration areas: K-12 Education, Higher Education, and Health Care Education. This Jesuit inspired Ed.D program provides a distinctive approach to developing educational leaders and health care educators prepared to face the challenges of todays accelerated rate of change.
The faculty teaching load will include courses such as Introduction to Statistics and Applied Statistics for Education. The non-tenure-track faculty member also will engage in service activities that include mentoring doctoral students and guiding the Institutional Review Board (IRB) application and review process.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in statistics, educational statistics, quantitative research, or a closely related field
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of teaching excellence in higher education
- Evidence of expertise in statistical research methods
- Experience with directing graduate student research experiences
- Experience with advising students
- Experience with course development, implementation, and assessment
- A minimum of three years of experience teaching at the college level
- Innovative pedagogy, including online teaching and learning practices
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures
- An awareness of and interest in the educational mission of Jesuit higher education
- Evidence of demonstrated commitment to teaching and mentoring graduate students from underrepresented backgrounds
The School of Education and the College of Arts & Sciences are committed to enhancing the diversity and inclusiveness of the campus community and the curriculum. The School of Education is especially interested in candidates whose background and experiences are traditionally underrepresented in higher education. Candidates who can contribute to diversity and inclusion in their teaching and scholarly work are encouraged to apply and identify their strengths and experiences in these areas. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The position offers a full benefits package.
As Kansas City's Jesuit university, Rockhurst University exemplifies all that Jesuit education has to offer, an academic tradition that dates back nearly 500 years. The highest caliber of academia, leadership, and service to others is the foundation in which we build a transformative experience for students. The beautiful 55-acre campus is centrally located in a thriving metropolis with a diverse population of more than 2 million people. Kansas City has been ranked among the top 50 best places to live in the United States.
For best consideration, please apply through our online system. Review will continue until filled. Applicants should submit an online application including: (1) a letter of interest which includes at least one example of demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (2) curriculum vitae, (3) a description of research interests and experiences, and (4) names and contact information for three references. Items 1-3 need to be scanned and submitted as one file upload in the questions portion of the application. Unofficial transcripts will be required of those selected for on-campus interviews before the on-campus interview. Inquiries should be directed to the search committee chair, Dr. Sarah Hicks firstname.lastname@example.org. Rockhurst cannot accept any application materials (resumes, cover letters, etc.) by email, mail, or walk-in. All applications and application materials must be submitted through our online application system. Questions about submitting applications through our online system can be directed to our Human Resources office at 816-501-4835.