The Department of Education at Tufts University is seeking a full-time lecturer to also serve as the University Coordinator of Teacher Preparation Programs. The Coordinator provides leadership and oversight for Tufts teacher licensure programs and requirements. The Coordinator works closely with the all of the MAT program directors to ensure compliance with department and university policies and practices, and ensuring the teacher education programs are in compliance with all DESE related requirements and data reporting.
As a Lecturer in the Department of Education, the position includes teaching 3-4 courses per academic year in the MAT programs, including the online MAT program. Experience and expertise in English and Language Arts and/or Elementary Education is preferred.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Understanding the structure and requirements of all MAT programs offered by the department and keeping the department and university leadership informed of programmatic changes and needs as required by DESE and licensure requirements.
- Implementing DESE related Educator Preparation program requirements and reporting (including attestations).
- Guiding "continuous improvement" initiatives and reporting annually.
- Gathering data (student course evaluations, Exit surveys, employment, CAP outcomes, assessment initiatives (eg, Gateway Assessments)
- Documenting program changes made based on data
- Overseeing placement partnerships and logistics for online MAT candidates, working closely with the University Online MAT partner 2U on ensuring all placement policies and requirements are adhered to and needs of students and partners are being met.
- Work collaboratively with on-campus placement coordinator to make sure there is consistency with placement practices in both online and on-campus programs.
- Ensuring organizational resources are deployed to promote mission,
- Ensuring consistency across instructional programs.
- Ensuring consistency and evaluation of field placement experiences,
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with DESE Educator Preparation,
- Attending DESE updates, MACTE bi-annual meetings and other relevant events related to teacher licensure and compliance.
- Overseeing certification and licensure reporting of candidates as they complete programs (oversee administrative enrolling and reporting).
Understanding of higher education, teacher preparation, and accreditation processes, particularly in Massachusetts.
Prior experience in teacher preparation, supervision, K-12 teaching and/or professional development specific to teacher education.
Ability to analyze and handle complex tasks and projects at a detailed level.
Ability to make discerning decisions independently with little supervision.
Strong project management and coordination skills.
Excellent communication skills and ability to navigate and handle changing and difficult situations with diplomacy and tact.
Knowledge of licensure processes and requirements specific to the content area and academic levels of the MAT programs.
Collaborative leadership style. Ability to lead in meetings and projects, facilitating constructive conversations and moving to outcomes.
Prior teaching experience at the college level. Previous experience teaching in online or blended programs desirable.
Ability to analyze and report data to institutional and department stakeholders meaningfully and clearly.
Earned Doctorate in relevant discipline to the profession, or ABD with confirmed graduation/dissertation defense date.
All applications are submitted via Interfolio, at http://apply.interfolio.com/73958. Please submit a cover letter, CV, and the contact information of three references that can speak to your experience and expertise in teacher education. Student course evaluations or other evidence of successful teaching should also be included as part of your application materials. For candidates that are ABD, please submit your dissertation defense date and anticipated graduation date.
Please contact Laura Rogers at email@example.com with any questions.
Review of applications will start on March 15th and continue until the position is filled.