Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Associate Director of TeamsHaas (4550U), Haas School of Business -
University of California, Berkeley
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance-academic and artistic, political and cultural-make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 26, 2019
UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all.
Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
- Oversee execution and successful delivery of activities related to Teams@Haas programming. This involves the delivery of an Academic Program designed to enhance academic success through group, one-on-one, and course-based formats of service for a wide range of learning opportunities related to the discipline of organizational behavior/groups & team for a broad scope of academic courses and academic programs (e.g., modules implemented in upper-division undergraduate courses, MBA programs and project-based courses).
- Work with Director of Teams@Haas to Develop annual strategy and work plan. This includes the development of key performance indicators to document progress and impact of programming in meeting strategic objectives of Berkeley-Haas, ensuring all programming is financially viable and completed on budget and aligning Teams@Haas with the High Impact Teaming course curriculum and key strategic objectives of Berkeley-Haas.
- Apply and implement innovative academic support service models to support and enhance student learning, academic success, and intellectual development. One of our primary goals is to support students as they engage with the various programmatic elements of Teams@Haas. Assess appropriate needs of students, and refer students to specific student programs. Serve as liaison to specific programs, student service departments, or advising units.
- Collaborate with faculty, advising units, academic departments, and other student service units to assess students’ needs. Maintain close communication with students and student clubs to support the delivery and evolution of Teams@Haas, including the development of student coaches to support expansion into UGBA, linkages to Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, and to create expanded experiential learning opportunities for students in the various degree programs.
- Support communications with key stakeholders. Develop cross program (FTMBA, EWMBA, & EMBA) partnerships to engage key faculty and programs in the delivery of Teams@Haas. Work with Teams@Haas Executive Coaching Lead to support external and internal communications, coaching training, and reporting. Work with Teams@Haas Analyst to procure reports and collaborate in the exploration and execution of digital strategies for assessment delivery. Work with Applied Innovation Faculty to educate and them in Teams@Haas tools, content, and modules to align their course curriculum with the pedagogical goals of Teams@Haas.
- Participates in professional development activities. A core value of Berkeley-Haas and Teams@Haas is "Students-Always." Thus, a final core responsibility will be to work with the Director of Teams@Haas to design and procure opportunities to ensure continued professional growth to meet the demands of this role, to add value to Berkeley-Haas, and to support continued personal development.
- Experienced knowledge of specific learning theory, learning styles, affective issues, academic issues, and socio-cultural/linguistic issues in applying academic support to students.
- Knowledge of how learning skills issues apply to a research institution.
- Knowledge of academic curricula.
- Knowledge in designing and implementing learning and pedagogical models.
- Knowledge of strategies in critical thinking, reading, writing, note taking, test taking, time management, and goal setting.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Skills in judgment and decision-making.
- Problem solving and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of current research and theoretical models that influence the application and delivery of academic services (e.g., discipline specific, student-population specific).
- Multicultural competencies, knowledge and experience working and interacting effectively with diverse groups of staff, faculty, and student populations.
- Knowledge of program development, data gathering, assessment, and evaluation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience up to $74,400.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |