Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Director, Teacher in Residence Program
Old Dominion University
Director, Teacher in Residence Program coordinates all aspects of the ODU Teacher in Residence program, a grant-funded teacher preparation program operated in collaboration with partnering school divisions. This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of student recruitment, admissions, advising, placements, and mentoring. In addition, the position is responsible for budget and grant management, program administration, program evaluation, stewardship of partnership school divisions, and ensuring that coursework and program design comply with university policy, state licensure regulations, division regulations, and CAEP accreditation standards. The Director is responsible for seeking, securing, and maintaining grants to fund the program. The Director is expected to collaborate with faculty and other partners to develop and maintain an innovative, effective, and high-quality preparation program.
Position Type: Full Time
Type of Recruitment: General Public
Master’s degree in the field of Education (PhD preferred)
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Experience in effective interaction with school division teachers and administration, students, university faculty, and state education personnel
- Experience in high-need schools with diverse students and teachers
- Experience with culturally relevant pedagogy and teaching for social justice
- Experience writing and administering large external grants and/or budgets
- Minimum of three years classroom teaching (PreK-12) experience with evidence of excellent teaching skills
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience developing sustainable partnerships with schools
- Experience with teacher residency programs or similar innovative models of field-based teacher preparation, including recruitment and administration
- Experience mentoring teacher candidates
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |