Alcorn State University has an immediate opening for tenure track position in School Counseling. The individual will teach undergraduate and graduate courses (12 hours per semester); conduct scholarly research and participate in departmental and university services.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues to foster a collegial environment conducive to team work and students’ high level of learning
- Growth-oriented leader, visionary individual who is knowledgeable about the trends in higher education
- Demonstrated grantsmanship ability
- Demonstrated excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with stakeholders to obtain results
- Demonstrate record of integrity, loyalty, and timely response, expected
Essential Job Functions
- Actively participate in professional development
- Teach a twelve (12) hour course load per semester and maintain office hours for addressing students’ needs.
- Work with the department chairperson to upgrade courses and curricula, as needed, to ensure that students graduating from the programs are locally, state, and nationally competitive
- Create and maintain a working environment conducive to excellence in teaching and learning
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity
- Provide essential leadership to develop and enhance instructional program.
- Participate in advising students and maintaining accurate files
- Maintain databases and complete all reports required by the School of Education and Psychology and University in a timely manner.
- Respond appropriately to requests from the administration, the faculty, staff and students.
- Engage in scholarly research
OTHER DUTIES: Other related duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or Dean
An earned doctorate in counselor education and supervision from a CACREP accredited program, ABD will bee considered with anticipated completion date by December 2020. Experience in a clinical setting as a professional clinician working with clients.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Experience as a clinician. /or Licensed or licensure eligible in the state of Mississippi as a school counselor.