Alcorn State University has an immediate opening for tenure track position in Special Education. The individual will teach undergraduate and graduate courses (12 hours per semester); and participate in departmental and university services; and conduct scholarly research.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues to foster a collegial environment conducive to team work and students’ high level of learning
- Growth-oriented leader, visionary individual who is knowledgeable about the trends in higher
- Demonstrated grantsmanship ability
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with stakeholders to obtain results
- Record of integrity, loyalty, and timely response, expected
Essential Job Functions
- Lead efforts directly dealing with Special Education Program Review
- Actively participate in professional development
- Teach a twelve (12) hour course load (undergraduate and/or graduate) per semester
- Work with the department chair to upgrade courses and curricula, as needed, to ensure that students graduating from the programs are locally and nationally competitive
- Serve as liaison with the specialized professional associations; maintain relationship with those entities to facilitate the timely submission of SPA reports
- Create and maintain a working environment conducive to excellence in teaching and learning
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity
- Provide essential leadership to develop and enhance undergraduate and graduate instructional programs
- Advise students of program options
- Work on upgrading the curricula to include new program options
- Respond appropriately to requests from the administration, the faculty, staff and students.
QUALIFICATIONS: Doctoral Degree in Special Education, Curriculum Instruction or related discipline; three years instructional experience in public education in special education preferred; experience advising students at the university level; experience and a vast knowledge of CAEP, CEC and other SPA Standards.
High consideration will be given to candidates with CAEP and SPA reporting experience and who show a willingness to learn accreditation processes.