The English Department at Old Dominion University invites applicants for an Assistant Professor of English Education beginning in Fall 2024. This is a 10-month appointment with expectations for collaboration with Old Dominion University’s Darden College of Education & Professional Studies.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Engaging in research and scholarship that explores the teaching of English
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate English courses, English methods courses, and research methods courses, using face-to-face and online delivery methods
- Serving on master’s and doctoral student committees
- Collaborating on the design and coordination of an undergraduate and graduate English teacher education program
- Developing and sustaining literacy initiatives through school and community partnerships
- Participating in departmental, college and university service, as well as contributing to disciplinary professional communities.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who specialize in the teaching of literature, the teaching of readers, young adult literature and/or critical media literacy. Moreover, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates with a commitment to justice-oriented approaches to English education.