Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Adjunct Instructor - Elementary Education
Alcorn State University
Teaches courses in addition to evaluating students and conducting student conferences; the individual may also develop lectures, conduct seminars and serve other administrative rules within the department.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Has a comprehensive grasp on his or her particular area of academic study.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits a commitment to promoting academic excellence in students.
- Is able to motivate others.
- Has the ability to solve problems and assess results.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Exudes a positive, supportive, and cooperative disposition toward others.
- Is punctual and detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to perform assigned task.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates, distributes, and reviews the course syllabus.
- Utilizes a variety of instructional strategies in order to engage students, including cooperative and experiential learning.
- Meets with academic department chair to develop courseware and curriculum.
- Presents prepared materials and supervises organized activities.
- Evaluates student performance promptly and accurately based on departmental rubrics.
- Maintain records of student attendance, involvement, and progress.
- Teaches assigned class material in accordance with learning objectives that are developed by the department.
- Communicated with students outside of class to provide supplementary instruction, when necessary.
- Participates in faculty meetings involving departmental updates.
- Serves on faculty panels.
- Makes copies of supplementary materials for distribution in class.
- Surveys students in order to obtain information about their wants and needs in certain courses.
- Terminal degree in or a Master’s degree with 18 hours or above in disciplines
- At least one teaching experience at the University level
- Working knowledge of common management systems such as BANNER and CANVAS
- Proficiencies with standard Office applications on personal computers.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |